Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Aloha,
Here I am in Brooklyn.  The weather is not up to my usual standards,  but good for walking about and shopping,  especially in preparation for tomorrow's meal.
Despite the 50 degree weather,  the traffic and the slight drizzle,  many people here are riding their bikes.  I guess I will have to stop complaining about the traffic and weather in my little town of Mililani.
I am surprised to see that despite the absence of bike racks,  people have their bikes locked up to street signs,  trees and other convenient poles.  
At the entrance to Prospect park,  I saw two people biking with roller skates on their feet.  I assume they were going further into the park to skate. They have ice-skating there in winter,  but I don't think it is cold enough yet. 
 I picked my grandaughters up from school yesterday and there were some parents waiting outside with bikes.  I told the girls that when they come to Hawaii,  Grandma will give them a ride on her bike.(quizzical  looks).
The girls attend a public school, PS 10, in Park Slope.  I noted the school has some bicycles they apparently use as part of PE classes.  The school is old, but has a wonderful warm feeling when you enter.  Everyone is very friendly.
If the weather improves,  I may go to the park with the girls so they can ride a bit. Again, have a happy holiday and be safe.

Aloha, Marilyn


No comments:

Post a Comment