Wednesday, November 18, 2009

riding the bike, finally

The rain and wind has subsided a bit and the roads are more safe for riding this week. I met with my friend David in the Mililani High School parking lot and he gave me some pointers on adjusting the brake speeds--I think it is a case of trial and error, but it is nice to have an expert's input. He said I looked quite sporty in my helmet, but I think that is one part of the biking that I don't particularly like--however, I WILL wear my helmet.
Some of my neighbors looked on approvingly as I rode down the stree(don't know what they said after I left) ,but what a nice feeling to have this new mode of exercise.
Yesterday, I expanded my route to the large block around the high school. The roads are smooth in that area and there was less traffic than I expected. Visited the bicycle shop in Mililani where the man was quite friendly and said he would help me put on the mirror I purchased but couldn't install. There is a bike rack outside his shop and it is not too far from the market, so I could park there to do some grocery shopping in the future.

Aloha, Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment