Monday, November 9, 2009

I borrowed Sam's newly repaired station wagon and after a busy day made my way to the Bike Shop in Aiea. Aiea is not that far from Mililani but would be a difficult path to travel after dark and over very busy roads on a bike.
The shop was easy to find and had a huge sign outside. I found out that Wesley had been there about five minutes before I arrived. So sorry I missed him, but hope we do meet soon. The people in the Bike Shop could not have been nicer.
They explained most of the finer points of the red bike, including how to remove the wheels, but I was hoping to get it into the car without doing that later.
I shopped for a helmet, a tailight and a lock and was amazed at all the accessories available these days for bicycling--"Sachi" the salesperson was very helpful and installed the lite and the post for the lock. I still must look for a small mirror and a bike cover--when something is this new and so beautiful, it must be cared for well.
Sachi helped me manuver the bike through the dark parking lot and it fit beautifully into the back of the station wagon.
I arrived home well after dark and asked Sam to come out to see what was in the car. He was surprised and pleased that I was going to be part of the project. (Actually, I had thought he might not be pleased, or might be concerned, but he was fine. One more thing not to worry about!)
Since I haven't yet cleaned out the garage closet, I brought the bike into the back yard and covered it over carefully with some of my nicest bedsheets.
Unfortunately, the weather is very rainy this week , so my plan for a long ride has been interrupted. However, I am really excited about the possibilities. Oh, the Bike Shop took care of the license application and I should receive it soon from the city. Will send a picture soon.

Aloha, Marilyn

1 comment:

  1. Hey Marilyn! Bummed that I just missed you at The Bike Shop! Glad to hear you got the bike and all the goodies to go along with it. I saw the bike when I picked mine up and it looked AWESOME! Hope you get to enjoy at least a short ride with this weather coming up.

    ReplyDelete