Thursday, December 3, 2009

back to paradise

I hope I am not repeating myself--I just created a post and it disappeared somewhere in cyberspace.
Sunday was a lovely day in Brooklyn and we walked through Prospect Park where there were swarms of bicyclists riding really fast and enjoying the beautiful weather. We had to wait a few minutes just to cross the street by the bike path.
There were also many bikes tethered to the railing outside of the Brooklyn Museum and at several locations along Eastern Parkway.
At 5am on Wednesday, I left the apartment for the 12 hour flight from Laguardia to Honolulu. I am kind of used to the long flight as I've done it many, many times. When we landed I was so happy to see the green trees and grass and feel the balmy breezes of home. I was pretty tired though.
Today, I had a lot of meetings and hoped to ride a bit when I got home, but a big black rain cloud changed my plans. However, the beautiful red bike was safe and sound under it's two covers, both of which don't fit very well. If anyone knows where to get a nice bike cover, let me know. The weather report for tomorrow and the weekend is good, so I will ride my bike to the bike shop and try to get the mirror installed, and then practice my skills again.
After seeing how New York City can have so many bike paths, my goal is to get some here in Mililani so children and adults will have a safe lane to ride. I envision one the length of Meheula Parkway, our main Street.
In meetings, today, we talked about how important it is to keep physically active--I am grateful to have a chance to ride this bike and keep an active lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marilyn, I love your bike! Can I ride it when we come visit?
    Love,
    a.

    ReplyDelete