Monday, December 7, 2009

Maybe tomorrow for the Eddie Aikau?

The news tonight reports that 40 to 50 foot waves are coming in at Waimea Bay. There is a "ninety percent" chance that tomorrow will be the day for the surf competition in memory of the beloved Eddie Aikau.
The roads to the North Shore are full with hundreds who want to see the thunderous waves coming in. So far not much damage has been done, but much of the beach has been lost in some areas.
Last night I was co-emcee for the High School Christmas Concert. When I was introduced, they mentioned I may be seen around town on my red bike!
However, tomorrow I am off to
San Diego for a conference and will return to Hawaii on Sunday. If I can get some computer access there, I will report on the bike paths and bicyclists I see. When I return, hoping Christmas Holiday time will give me a little more leisure time to ride my beautiful bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment